How to Manage Your Properties
Welcome to the newest version of VisitMcCurtainCounty.com. To make the experience smooth for everyone involved, you’re invited to test cabin management features.
For the end user, there’s several exciting new features.
- Users can search cabins by sleeps, bedrooms and bathrooms
- Users can search by amenities
- Each cabin listing prominently features its management company
- Users can message the property management company through the cabin listing
- Users can add cabins to their Favorites for later viewing
- Users can browse other offerings from the property management company
Property Management Company’s listing page. Lists all properties owned or operated by the company.Through an improved Account area, property management companies can:
- Add, remove and edit cabins
- Add galleries
- Add a map
- Add amenities
- Add property descriptions
- Edit your user information
The launch of the new website will include the consolidation of property management accounts. Where the previous version allowed multiple users to manage properties belonging to a single company, the new version of the website will only allow one user per property management company.
How to consolidate your accounts, you’ll need the following information:
- Your username
- Your company name
- A list of the other users associated with your company
- A list of the cabins your company owns/manages.
Once you have this information ready, please fill out this form. This will notify the website administrator that you wish to begin the consolidation process.
To login, you have three options:
- The Login button in the header
- The Manage Cabins link in the footer
- Visit direct by following this link
The Account button in the header is in use during testing only. It may be removed once the site launches, so as to not confuse site visitors.
Once you’ve logged in, you’ll see a list of all the cabins under your account. You’ll see
- Cabin name
- Date added
- Numbers for sleeps, beds and baths
- View, edit and delete buttons
- Adding a Cabin
Adding a Cabin
You can add a brand new cabin by clicking the Add New Cabin button. Here, you will add your information, add images and amenities and location information.
Latitude and Longitude
It’s useful to have a map to the cabin. If the cabin is on a publicly available address, you can use that address to geocode (or convert addresses to latitude and longitude). To display on the map, each property needs a valid latitude and longitude.
Converting Address to Lat/Long
You can convert addresses to latitude and longitude through this website. Protip: you only get a handful of geocodes per day, so make sure you have the correct address.
What if I don’t have a street address?
We understand some cabins are off the beaten path. In that case, you’ll need to provide lat/long information if you want it to display the map on the website. The best way of doing this is to use a GPS device or use a GPS app on your phone to get the cabin’s coordinates.
Editing Your User Account
Through your account settings you can update your:
- Displayed Name: This will be displayed as the name of your property management company. It will show up on the cabin listing, your property archive and any other areas that reference cabin management for your properties.
- About Me: a short paragraph about your property management company.
- Email: the email address associated with your account. All cabin inquiries will be directed toward this email address, so make sure it’s checked often.
- Website: a link to your company’s website, if applicable.
- Profile Picture: you can upload an image to serve as your profile picture throughout the site. Could include a logo or simply a photo.
- Format: JPG or PNG
- Dimensions: 800 x 800 pixels at 72 dpi
- Max file size: 1MB
Property Management Listing Page
The new website also features a page that lists all the cabins you have to offer.