April 5 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
50 Shades of Pink 6K(ish) Walk/Hike/Run 2020
Girls Gone Wine
- This SUPER FUN 6k (ish) run will raise money for "The Girls"...a.k.a. the tatas. Proceeds will be directed to breast cancer research, as well as other cancer causes.
- Why a 6K (ish)?? Because the event was started in 2013 as Girls Gone Wine celebrated their 7 year anniversary.....so we called it a 7K on April 7th seemed like a fun idea!! But technically it is closer to a 6K, so we bumped it down a K You might be wondering....Just how far IS a 6K? Well in this case a 6k-ish is approximately 4.3 miles.
- Walkers sign up for this one! It is going to be fun and mainly a WALK...Runners can still run but walkers are totally going to enjoy and rock this walk!! TEAM registration is also available, so grab your friends and register individually OR as a TEAM!
- Dress in all things PINK to show your support! This scenic route takes you through portions of Beavers Bend Resort Park, and along a 1 mile section of the David L. Boren Hiking trail. While this course is mostly flat, the trail portion is unpaved, and stretches across a couple of hills and creeks in the Ouachita Mountains!
- After the race, prizes will be awarded to the Pinkest of the Pink! All who register by Friday, March 27 will get a 50 Shades of Pink 6K(ish) t-shirt the day of the race. (Those registering after this day still receive a t-shirt and we will mail it after the event for $5 S&H!) Enjoy a glass of wine to celebrate afterward! And all of this for a mere $35 registration fee that helps some great causes!
- This is a fun fundraiser, and is NOT a sanctioned event. A timing clock will be set up at the finish to allow you to know your finish time! It will be a ton of fun....so get your pink on and sign up TODAY!
- Need a fabulous cabin for the weekend!!?? Visit www.beaversbendcreativeescapes.com or www.beaversbendadventures.com
- Waiver: I have submitted my entry for participation in the 50 Shades of Pink 6K Run/Walk/Hike 2020. I know that running a road or trail is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter unless I am medically able and properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the run.I assume all risks associated with participating in this event including, but not limited to: injury; falls; contact with other participant; the effects of weather, including precipitation, as well as extreme cold and hot temperatures; traffic and the conditions of the road and trail; all such risks being known and appreciated by me. By registering for this event, and having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of your accepting my entry into this race, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release of the 50 Shades of Pink 7K Run/Walk/Hike , the Girls Gone Wine and all other sponsors, volunteers and representatives from all claims or liabilities of an kind arising out of my participation in this event, though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. I permit my photograph or likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose and the publication of my race results.
- Early Birds get VIP treatment and Booty Shakin' Party!
- We will have a fun booty shakin' Friday night early check in party for 50 Shades of Pink!!! Just register NOW (before 3/27/2020) for the super fun Walk/Hike/Run and come to GGW Friday night April 3 from 6 to 9 pm to pick up your shirt, race bib and enjoy some wine and booty shakin' :)
- What are my transport/parking options getting to the event? We will park across Hwy 259 at Grateful Head/Blue Rooster, Abendigo's Grill, 1st Bank & Trust and Vojai's Winery.. Please be VERY, VERY careful crossing the highway. Look for the "parking assistants" that will be assisting you with parking and highway crossing. PLEASE do not walk along the shoulders of the highway, but cross over behind Abendigo's, past the go-cart track and turn left on Peevy Lane to access the winery safely.
- Where can I contact the organizer with any questions? Call Girls Gone Wine at 580-494-6243 for more information.
- Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? No, we will have a printed registration list the day of the walk.
- What if bad weather is forecast? Weather Delay or event cancellation? The event will happen rain or shine! If there is lightning in the area, we will delay the start time until the threat has passed. If weather doesn't clear, we will have a party inside our winery and enjoy wine, cookies and shake our booties to the DJ! We will not be rescheduling the event on a different date, but so far we have been able to either walk in a gentle rain or been blessed with great weather every year.
- What is the refund policy? We hope that you will be able to participate, but if something comes up BEFORE we have your shirt ordered on March 27, we can process refunds.