CDC Guidelines: Travel during COVID-19. Click Here.

Frequently Asked Questions About ATV Riding in McCurtain County Oklahoma:

Why can’t I ride my OHV on the Three Rivers WMA?

The increase in OHV use on the Three Rivers WMA over the last 10 years has led to much discussion about the safety risks of all people who use and work on the WMA. The increase in OHV use has also led to an increase in OHV related injuries. While other factors played a role, including environmental issues, safety is the main reason for the OHV rule changes on the Three Rivers WMA.

What types of recreation are available on the Three Rivers WMA since I can no longer ride my ATV?

The 250,000-acre Three Rivers WMA offers some of the best sports recreation opportunities in Oklahoma, including hunting for white-tailed deer, eastern wild turkey, bobwhite quail, fox and gray squirrel, and swamp and cottontail rabbit. The Glover River runs through the heart of the WMA and offers angling opportunities for smallmouth bass, spotted bass, channel catfish, and sunfish. Camping, sightseeing, photography, and bird watching are also popular activities. Visit to view hunting season dates and license fees.

May I ride my OHV off the maintained roads during the deer seasons on the Three Rivers WMA?

No. All OHVs must remain on open established maintained roads that are open for regular vehicle use. The only exception to this is for deer hunters retrieving tagged deer according to specific conditions. Consult the Oklahoma Hunting Guide for specific rules and regulations.

May I still ride my OHV on the county roads within the Three Rivers WMA?

No. Some county roads may exist that go through the WMA, but it is currently illegal to ride an ATV/ORV on a county road even if the road is a gravel road. All vehicles that are legal to be used on Oklahoma State highways are legal to be used on the Three Rivers WMA year-round.