When things get real, and we’re looking for an escape, nature has been here for it. Since basically, forever.
And right now – the beauty of McCurtain County – is the kind of meditation for the eyes that we all need.
Whether you’re in the middle of Beavers Bend State Park at this very moment, or you’re looking for a break from your feed at home. In a cabin. At work. In the bathroom as you attempt to sneak a second away from your kids on perma-spring-break. Wherever. We all need a breather. And a little beauty to look at helps.
From cabin owners to local restaurants and outdoors outposts, this small slice of Southeastern Oklahoma has come together in a way that speaks loudly of the kind of community at play out here.
Everyone is doing their part to ensure that we can all enjoy McCurtain County in the safest, cleanest and most courteous way possible. From keeping cabins squeaky clean, to setting up hand-washing stations, and offering To-Go services – the efforts to help you still get the most out of your time here, while being smart – are going strong.
Some ways to make the most of McCurtain right now.
The OG of getting some space from society. Enjoy all that elbow room, awesome amenities (hot tub session is a must) and games (foosball or cornhole, anyone?), and the great indoors (of decompressing).
Crowds have never been our thing. McCurtain is home to large stretches of land, trails, state park – you name it – where you can enjoy some solo hiking, gazing, and generally being quite woodsy.
As always, stay healthy.
As we all know, there are few tips on staying healthy at times like these.
- Wash, wash, wash those hands. Soap. Water. 20 seconds. Get creative with a song choice. Follow it up with some alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Don’t get handsy with your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover that cough. Cover that sneeze. Preferably with a tissue, then throw it away.
- Keep it clean. From frequently touched objects to surfaces, be sure to clean and disinfect.
- Put distance between yourself and other people. Something we’re all good at out here in nature.
And in the meantime…we leave you with this.
Share with us the way your business is making the most of McCurtain County during coronavirus! Tune into our social or scope out the Hochatown Facebook group to stay in-the-know.