Adventure Awaits around the Beavers Bend
Headed to McCurtain County this weekend? Rain or shine, here’s everything you need for a great weekend around the Beavers Bend.
Kick start your morning with a shot of espresso and a homemade treat from Adam and Eve’s. You’re gonna need it; there’s a ton to see and do in McCurtain County.
For starters, treat yourself to some of McCurtain County’s best outdoor attractions. Ride the racetracks at the Big Foot Speedway, push for par at the mini golf course, or bring bikes and take on the trails! Don’t have one? No worries– rent a tricked-out ride for the afternoon from one of McCurtain County’s mountain bike outfitters. You’ll be feeling like a motocross master in no time.
Prefer something low-key? Take in the sights at the scenic golf course waterfall, scope out the natural wildlife, or grab the girls and head to Creative Expressions to browse for something new.
Entertaining junior adventurers? Take the kiddos by the playground at Lake View Lodge to burn off some energy in between excursions. They’ll appreciate the room to roam. You’ll appreciate the shady trees.
Once you’ve worked up an appetite, stop for lunch at Steven’s Gap, take in a tasting at Girls Gone Wine, or relax with a cold drink on the Abendigo’s patio. Still hungry? Enjoy dinner at The Blue Rooster, or nosh on pizza with friends at Grateful Head. Live music makes for the perfect side dish on weekend nights.
And it wouldn’t be a weekend in the woods without a bit of stargazing. Before you turn in for the night, roast yourself a marshmallow over the open flame and keep an eye out for shooting stars.
When your woodsy weekend comes to an end, be sure to grab a souvenir from Hochatown BBQ and General Store, Old Time Photos, Janet’s Treasure Chest, or Hochatown Gifts on your way out of town. We’ll see you next time, with even more adventures waiting for you around the Beavers Bend
Need more ideas, here you go ::
- Lower Mt. Fork River is open for fishing. Take Hwy 259 south to Broken Bow, exit Hwy 70 (east). Exit Mtn Fork Park Road.
Specialty Stores and Shopping:
- Once Upon A Time Antiques 580-584-5244
- Hochatown Gifts, Rocks, Turquoise, Toys & Tees 580-494-6648
- Body Harmony Day Spa and Massage 580-584-6339
- Hack n Slash – Art at its purest. Wood carvers are amazing and their carving make great indoors or outdoors amazing pieces
- Choctaw Casino in Broken Bow and Idabel
- Idabel Country Club and Golf Course– 580-286-6836
- Indian Nature Trail– located just a short drive down Carson Creek Road
- Golf Course Trail – located at the road block to the Golf course – dirt road to your left. Follow the dirt road to the creek, turn left and follow the sounds of the waterfall.
- Riverman Outdoor Adventures – Hiking, Trail Rides and Wagon Rides – 405-833-6671
- Lakeview Lodge Nature Trail – located at the lodge – Stevens Gap Road
- Hiking, Mountain Bikes and ATV Trails: 5300 and 5400 National Forest – maps are available at Janet’s Treasure Chest
- Broken Bow City Park – located behind Broken Bow High School
- Broken Bow Duck Tours.com 580-494-Duck
- Beavers Bend Bike Rental – Mountain Bike Rental – Call Isaac at 580-306-0669
- Talimena National Scenic ByWay– more than 50 miles of breathtaking vistas. Maps available at Janet’s Treasure Chest
- A to Z Guest Ranch Trail Riding 580-244-3729 Smithville, Oklahoma – reservation required
- Riverman Trail Rides and Stables Horseback Riding 580-236-9033 – reservation required
- Glover River Trail Rides & Petting Zoo 580-241-5763 or 580-306-2867
Go Carts/Mini Golf:
- Old West Mini Golf – located next to the Hochatown BBQ Restaurant – 580-494-7301
- Dancing 2 Bears – Mini Golf and Go Karts
- Museum of the Red River – located at 812 Lincoln Road in Idabel (U.S. 259-70 bypass) Free Admission – One attraction is the 40-foot-long Acrocanthosaurus Atokensis dinosaur. 580-286-3616
Sweet Shops and Coffee Shops
- Whip-Poor-Will Fudge Factory & Sweet Shoppe 580-494-6476
- Adam & Eve Coffee House, Cafe & General Store – Espresso drinks, sandwiches, soups salads and ice cream 580-494-6445
- Hochatown BBQ Ice Cream Parlor – located adjacent to the Old West Mini Golf – 580-494-7301
Area Dining in Hochatown
- Whip’s Diner – Great food, friendly atmosphere located, breakfast and brunch restaurant. 580-494-6557
- Stevens Gap Restaurant – GREAT CATFISH! 580-494-6350 Located on Hwy 259 North (Stevens Gap area)
- Shady Oaks Restaurant – located on HWY 259 – breakfast served all day – burgers, dinner plates, etc. 580-494-6366
- 4K Koneys – 10 miles north of Broken Bow near Frontier General -All Beef Franks 580-703-3647
- E-Z Marts – Hot Box of quick fast food plus Sandwich Deli. 580-494-6646